Thursday, February 26, 2009

Local Art, Jenn Grant, Ohbijou, Anna Karina vs. Faye Dunaway

I'm making a conscious effort not to start these by saying "first things first"...so, yeah...


Coming up in a couple of Fridays the lot of us will be displaying some art and Grenwod and I will be playing jams at Michelangelo's on Dundas (between Richmond and Clarence). Everybody is welcome, should be some dope art, sweet jams, good times. Don't miss it! As soon as I know exactly who will be showing work I will keep you posted!



The next day at the Reverb, in Toronto will be none other than the always fantastic wonderful Jenn Grant, performing her CMW showcase. If you are unfamiliar with her, she has an amazing subtle sort of likeness somewhere between Sarah Harmer and Feist. So you should check her out here! And if you dig, come with, maybe even give me a ride!


In local news, don't forget about the free dance mix I made for everyone! Here it is!


And make sure you're staying updated on the homies The Girls Can Hear Us! as they have a lot of exciting things going on, and they are dope!


As far as MUST check outs this week, I implore you all to PLEASE check out the brand new Ohbijou track, available on their myspace page. It's called Black Ice, and it is beautiful. They are releasing their second album soon, and the release party is April 18 at the Opera House in Toronto.



I highly recommend that we all join hands and watch Jean-Luc Godard's masterpiece known as Pierrot Le Fou, from 1965. I will be pressuring as many of you as possible to check out this movie. And to the few of you who get the comparison, Anna Karina gives Faye Dunaway in Bonnie & Clyde a pretty serious run for her money.





In closing, we will be welcoming Atmosphere to London on Thursday, May 7, 2009 to the London Music Hall (the back half of Rum Runners). Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Fri. Feb. 27) at ticketmaster. Get em here!
ps. I know that's Slug and Dibbs, not Ant...if any die hards were about to point out my stupidity.

No comments: