Friday, February 13, 2009

The Girls Can Hear Us - Must Check of The Week



Toronto's own Woodhands has covered Eddy Grant's classic "Electric Avenue". I'm not gonna repost it like it's my own find but check out I Guess I'm Floating, which is a dope music blog and subsequently where I came across this gem. For more on Woodhands how about going here!

Also, check out the Foals/Holy Fuck covers of each other from I Guess I'm Floating here.


In local news, schoolyard pals Edmond and Will have created this new and awesome music known as The Girls Can Hear Us. I would like to stress that it is some seriously dope dance rap electro fun, and then insist that you check it out. Right Now!


Furthermore there is nothing else all that spectacular on the horizon that I can think of at this particular juncture, except summer plans are underway:

July 2-5, 2009: Rothbury Festival, in Rothbury, Michigan. It's a four hour drive from London and last year hosted Dave Matthews Band, Snoop Dogg, Gomez, Modest Mouse, Diplo, and Busdriver, to name a few. Let me know if you're into it, and I will post lineup and ticket prices as soon as I find out.

August 7-9, 2009: Lollapalooza, at Grant Park in Chicago again. 8 hour drive, last year Radiohead, Rage, Kanye, Broken Social Scene, Wilco, Battles, Foals, Spank Rock....come on now.

No comments: