Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This Will Take Some Getting Used To

Okay friends, it's been an excellent weekend, here's what's been happening.

1. Art Fusion 5. Ryan is definitely getting good at this. His collection and curating was at it's finest, in my opinion. His decision to put the regulars (Myself, Pat G, Darryn R, Brian J, and Sam C) in the back worked nicely. I managed to move 9 pieces in total. A huge record breaker for me. Thanks so much for everyone's support.

2. Managed to stop by the pub after for a couple with a solid group and a rendezvous with super support master Brendan, of the Tall Cans, whose song about me was flattering and awesome all in one.

3. Caught a free Sunday afternoon matinee of genius Albert Nerenberg's 'Laughology' at Museum London. Definitely a must see. It's a documentary about laughter without humour, how we all take ourselves way too seriously, and how laughter can be therapeutic, physical exercise, and medicinal. Don't lose your laugh, look this up.

4. After an agreeable steak dinner and some pre drinks, Laura and I made our way to Club Mansion to slide past cover thanks to the super generous hook ups of Laidback Luke and his tour manager Tony Dekker. We managed to get about a hundred dope photos thanks to Tony, who even had Luke pose for a bunch mid-set.

Unfortunately we had several too many drinks and left before our chance to meet Luke. But, Luke played a monstrous set of huge bangers seamlessly mixed for a slightly unappreciative crowd, who although partied their asses of, may have missed some of the subtleties in the mix that made this event so dope.

Laura also managed to get doper photos than I did, maybe cause she's a better photographer than me, maybe cause she's fearless in a crowd of sweaty Jersey Shore extras (not hating, just jokes). Either way, she (and I) had a fuckin blast.

I painted a series of 3, here they are...



Thanks to Laura, Luke and Tony for making that one to remember. Much respect.

5. We woke up hungover as fuck, missed most of our classes, Laura's car broke down. I like to think it was worth it, but we're still yet to see how much the bill is on that one.

6. I also managed to rock out a tribute to everyone's favorite drummer/super producer Quest Love, of the Roots. Here's that.



7. Today I've been working on my Flash Iphone project which I'm about ready to light on fire and throw down the stairs. If anything other than you-know-who makes it tolerable, it's this list of new albums I've run through.

Bonobo-Black Sands
The Bird and The Bee-Interpreting the Master Vol. 1: A Tribute to Hall & Oates
The New Young Pony Club-The Optimist
Jason Collett-Rat a Tat Tat Tat
and
MGMT-Congratulations.

Maybe it's just one of those days where everything sounds awesome, but CHECK THESE OUT. I'm super thankful I got to see Jason turn these out a couple weeks ago, and can't wait to see MGMT at Sasquatch now, and have already emailed Bonobo about his Toronto show. The music of 2010 is gonna be getting better and better.

And anyone who disses the new MGMT needs to get with the times. It's gonna take some getting used to, but I could see myself loving this one WAY more.

Right now I'm on to the new Ellie Goulding. So dope. So dope.

8. Scotty's getting tings together to ride a Greyhound across the continent for Coachella. He's setting up These Lions for you to read, watch and listen to what happens. Stay tuned, this'll probably be Epitome worthy.

9. As Scott prepares for Coachella, the rest of us get ready for Sasquatch, Lollapalooza, Osheaga (maybe), Halifax, and a mission from London to Buffalo to Toronto to Detroit all in one weekend. Get ready for this Summer, gonna be the best one yet.

And James got us rich people camping at Sasquatch! Ha!

10. New hookups from Two Hours Traffic! Some sweet surprises to come! Keep suggestions coming, I'm finally on my career path. Thanks to everyone who helped or stood in the way, you all matter. Some more than others.

1 comment:

The Vagrant Optimist said...

thanks for yet another Epitome shout out. I'm lookin' forward to reading both you and Scotty's upcoming posts. And yes, I'd love to include some dope tales of summer on the Epitome for sure. Look for your artwork on there again real damn soon.