Monday, March 8, 2010

43. God damn!

So I kind of like the way the last one of these worked out, so maybe I'll continue with the listing of things, cause, hey, it's easier for YOU.

1. So I've had the last week off, had some super tough family times, special lady off in paradise, which in turn means I have time to paint my ass off. (And in a couple of cases drink my ass off). Anyways I managed to finish 22 pieces this past week, which is gonna be my excuse for not updating this blog, if anybody noted my absence. Don't forget to check em out! and if you ever want anything, don't hesitate to ask for it.

2. When I was in Baltimore a couple years ago, I met some nice fellows from El Jefe Design. I bought a Black Lips, a Melvins, and a Wolf Parade. Shit's dope. Highly recommended.

3. The Girls Can Hear Us are at it again, and finally posted a digital EP for you to download for FREE. So go do that, check out their store too. I'm working on something special and limited edition for them. Wait for it....

4. I'm not really DJing anymore, at least in public, and here's why: I can't be a top 40 crowd pleaser all the time, or even half the time. And people are rude. People treat DJs like the enemy, as if the DJ wants you to have less fun if they are trying to be creative with track selection and not just drop obvious hits. I will probably never STOP djing, but at least take a break. Art is my thing right now, and it's better in that, at least if people don't like it they don't tell me to my face.

5. Woodhands at Moon Over Marin were extremely dope. The funny thing was all the skinny jean scenester grumpyfaces who looked miserable to be somewhere they had obviously chosen to be. Hmm, I don't get it. I though this indie hipster style culture was about originality but seriously, these cats all look the same to me.

6. My ladies of music series took an unexpected turn. Karen O and Amanda Blank turned out beautifully. Emily Haines is aight. Erykah Badu still may or may not work out. Unfortunately there will be no Gina Turner piece. But instead some smaller ones, including the beautiful and super talented likes of Annie, Jenny Lewis, Cat Power, and a couple more surprises.

7. Did everyone see Cloud of Skill Methodz on the Oscars? That dude should've won something for that.

8. I did this for my homey and yours Ryan Somers aka Fritz the Cat of OK Cobra.

There might be some collaborative surprises in the future. Big tings big tings. Seriously though, check out his new album Delerium Tremens. It's dope outta this world. Now now now.

9. So since I've started with portraits, shit's been goin off. Here's who I've done so far: 2mex, Aceyalone, ATrak, Jason Schwartzman, Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson, Bubbles, Wu Tang Clan, Chali 2na, Myka 9, Miles Davis, Madlib, Lyrics Born, Lateef, Gift of Gab, The Beatles, Zooey Deschanel, Dave Grohl, Abstract Rude, Scarub, Fritz The Cat, Jenny Lewis, Amanda Blank, De La Soul, The Black Keys, Erykah Badu, Annie, Dwight Schrute, Karen O, J Dilla, Walter from Big Lebowski, Yoda, Aesop Rock, Major Lazer, Eligh and Anna Karina. I'm probably missing a couple, but god damn! I'm pumped about this...if you're not you probably should be!

10. The weather is getting nice. That means frisbee, patios, outdoor painting, biking, swimming, walking, running and uh...FESTIVALS. Everybody get your save on. It's time for us to enjoy eachothers company again. I'm ready.

11. I missed Laura and can't wait to see her.


Peace. Be nice to everybody.

No comments: