Thursday, April 9, 2009

Same Old New Business

Okay homeys, sorry it's been a while (once again)...but here is some sweet new ish for ya:


You know who loves Amanda Blank? I do, and you should too. Here's why: she is easily one of the top female mc's (likely ever), but definitely right now. Anyone who can come up with a contender, I would be curious to hear. Ever since her legendary verse on "Bump" with Spank Rock, I was sold. Aaaaanyways, we are lucky enough to be treated to an evening with Amanda Blank, Trouble Andrew, and Santigold at Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto. Wednesday, June 3rd. Don't miss.

Download the first single off her new album, Might Like You Better.




Guess what else? The Carps and Woodhands, Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, next Friday, April 17. Tickets are only ten bucks, and I have a couple extras, if anyone's interested. The point is:

The Carps are fantastic, a two piece from Scarborough who make some new jack-dancey-rock sorta jams that are pretty much impossible not to enjoy.

Woodhands are equally, if not moreso fantastic, another two piece from Toronto who's music is almost unclassifiable, but in your mind right now, you should be promising me that you will check them out. It will be well worth it my friends.


P.S. Woodhands' drummer is in another band called Rural Alberta Advantage, this is the cover for their first album "Hometowns"...must check...must check.


As always, the homies The Girls Can Hear Us are on some super dope shit, in fact they have just made (arguably) their best track yet...it's called "Ooooooh Yeeeaaah", so do yourself a favor and get into this shit asap.


Finally, I just wanted to say, I was handing out a bunch of copies of Zing! (Which you gotta get if you don't have it already). But as far as giving it out to people I don't know, I was very lost, and I came to this conclusion: Two years ago, any girl in a fancy scarf or any dude in a non Yankees new era (flat brimmed, more than likely) would probably be happy to receive this cd.




Zing! is a little strange at times, and kind of all over the place, so not really for everyone. But NOW, everybody has adopted this attire...and I simply realized, everyone dresses like they listen to good music.

I'm not trying to be a snob, are have a 'holier than thou attitude', just a simple observation. Anyways, those who enjoyed it, I'm glad you did...and I hope we can all continue to share in this positive manner, we are stronger in numbers.

Stay beautiful.

No comments: