Sunday, December 21, 2008

Good Brothers and Sisters

Holiday time, yes another month or so of progressive stress and unnecessary debt.

The important thing is the time with the good brothers and sisters that we get to see less frequently than we might like to. This is what matters, to me at least. Although I do like to give gifts, receiving them is not one of my stronger points.

Anyways, they have been so far so good, and most people still don't get here for a couple more days. A reunion of the ultimate team concert, of sorts.

The cancellation/postponing of the Big Daddy Kane show until March was an inconvenience, but the impact was softened by the good times had on the 13th for the Dears, Metric and Sebastien Grainer and the Mountains.



Team members Jimmy and Colin joined me for this event, and disappointed we were not. Sebastien Grainger might just have the album of the year. There, I said it.



See the thing is, after several listens, I have realized that a) not only is every song amazing and beautiful. But that b) Not since Patrick Watson has an album effected me so profoundly. And those who know me, know that is a major statement.

So I have decided that this piece of art will find its' way into many a stocking this holiday season.

Looking into the future:

Jan 8/ Crystal Castles @ UP! on Carling in London

Jan 15/ MSTRKRFT @ UP! on Carling in London

Jan 16/ Emm Gryner @ London Music Club in London

Jan 21 & 28/ Trailer Park Boys @ Centennial Hall London

Feb 17/ Ben Folds @ Kool Haus Toronto

Mar 15/ Bloc Party @ Centennial Hall London

Mar 26/ Big Daddy Kane @ Phoenix Toronto


I will be doing my best to hit up all of these shows, I invite one and all to join me for good times in the new year.

No comments: